When I think of summer, a few different foods come to mind. There's juicy watermelon, bright red strawberries and cool refreshing Popsicles. But of course one of my all time favorite summer foods is also one of the most versatile and simplest: delicious corn on the cob. You have probably tried it with butter and salt but that can become a little boring. But thanks to this delicious recipe, you'll be able to add a little spice to an all time favorite!! Not only can Mexican corn on the cob made either on the grill or on the stove top but it's extremely simple!! Plus you can make this super simple and delicious side dish no matter the weather!!! Check out the recipe below, then try it out for yourself.
Homemade Easy Elote Mexican Styled Street Corn on the Cob
- 6 ears of corn
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- Spray butter
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese or cotija cheese
- chili powder or Cayenne pepper
- 1 lime ( optional)
- Shuck your corn removing the husks and the silk strands, if using fresh corn. You can also use frozen corn as well.
- If barbecuing, place corn directly on grill and cook, rotating as dark spots appear. Cook until kernels have deepened in color and soften to touch ( about 10-12 minutes). NOTE: You can cook them on the stove ( I usually opt for this option) Put corn in pot with enough water to cover corn and bring to a boil, let boil for about 20 mins.
- Once corn is cooked remove from heat or water,
- Cover one corn on the cob at a time with spray butter, mayo, cheese and chili powder. Squeeze lime on top if you want to add a zest of citrus ( we usually skip this part and usually use lime wedges just for a garnish when we are hosting a meal).
- Then ENJOY!!!
What are some of your favorite ways to enjoy Corn on the Cob??
I can remember the first time I tried this Delicious recipe almost 20 years ago on a date, Mr. V and I were shopping and saw this street vendor and he ordered us three ( one for each of us and one more to share) Elote Mexican Corn and I was instantly hooked!! Now we make them whenever we want and enjoy this simple and delish recipe as a family!!
Once you make this Delicious dish for yourself, let me know how you liked it in the comments!!
Happy Eating, lovelies